SCROLL DOWN FOR POSTS AND ARCHIVES

Beginning again... I'm adding favorite columns, articles, essays and stories. My book of essays was published in 2016. I will attempt to bring the series up to date. Current date is January 2023 and there is much to add. MY WRITING LIFE. SIMPLY SCROLL DOWN...

Friday, August 7, 2009

80 Year old preachers wife contributes first cuss words!

"I am enjoying this new blog.  I am an 80 year old great grandma without easy access to any of my grands.  I did recently have my 14 year old grandson, Sam here for a few days.  I often use poems for the blessing before meals.  Most of these are lovely expressions of gratitude.  Sam's favorite, however, was titled Carnation Milk and went like this:

            Carnation milk is the is the best in the land
            Here I sit with a can in my hand
            No tits to pull, no hay to pitch
          You just punch a hole in the son of a bitch
 
Sam's Dad was a farmer for many years so I guess they were able to feel real gratitude as well as all of us getting a few giggles."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want your comments, your experiences and links and resources that add value to this site. Mimi