SCROLL DOWN FOR POSTS AND ARCHIVES

Beginning again... I'm adding favorite columns, articles, essays and stories. My book of essays was published in 2016. I will attempt to bring the series up to date. Current date is January 2023 and there is much to add. MY WRITING LIFE. SIMPLY SCROLL DOWN...

Friday, August 7, 2009

BOUNDARIES CAN BE THE MOST DIFFICULT ISSUES IN LOVING RELATIONSHIPS: FOUND THIS ON A WEBSITE

5 Quick Tips to Setting Better Boundaries

The linked site above charges for materials and seminars.  I'm not recommending it but did find these tips to be helpful and thought you might too.
5 Quick Tips for Setting Better Boundaries

Ask yourself; What are you tolerating and why?
Identify what (or who) drains your energy. 
Decide what you want to change. 
Design and take one action step to make this happen.
Find an advocate to support you as you accept this challenge.

BOUNDARIES SURVEY

Take our quick survey!

Give each answer a score of 0-5. ( 1- I have this under control or it doesn't affect me; 5- this sounds just like me!!)

1. Other people make me feel guilty.1 2 3 4 5
2. I have a hard time letting things go - little things become major irritations1 2 3 4 5
3. I end up taking care of everybody else and hardly have any time to take care of myself1 2 3 4 5
4. It feels like I've lost control and everyone else is dictating my life.1 2 3 4 5
5. I have a really hard time saying "no."1 2 3 4 5
6. My life hasn't turned out the way I want it to and I don't see any hope that it could be different1 2 3 4 5
7. I never have time to do the things I want to do.1 2 3 4 5
8. I'm always feeling tired, drained and rundown.1 2 3 4 5
9. I feel overwhelmed and frazzled.1 2 3 4 5
I see my kids doing the same thing(s) that I hate about myself.1 2 3 4 5

Total your scores:
1-10 
You're amazing!! You are handling life's stresses fabulously and you have things under control.
11-30 
You're doing well and show many signs of success, but you may be feeling frustrated and unfulfilled. You can benefit from our Transformational Teleseminar. You'll learn how to set limits and stick to them without guilt.
31-50 
Are you saying, "stop the world - I want to get off?" You are likely feeling overwhelmed!!
Congratulations! You have found the right place - get ready for transformational keys to change your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want your comments, your experiences and links and resources that add value to this site. Mimi